Sunday, January 23, 2011

my first post :)

Hello Everyone,
         My name is Hannah Johnson and I have created this blog for my Motor Development class. When i first heard about creating a blog I was somewhat nervous, but at the same time I was excited. This blog will help us physical education majors at SUNY Cortland stay connected to each other.
         Today was our first day of lab at St. Mary's. At first I was nervous but then found it to be a lot of fun playing games and running around in the gym with the little kids. I think this will be a really great experience and will teach me a lot of hands on things. I will be well prepared when I enter student teaching and will hopefully feel comfortable after this.
          Over winter break I was a substitute teacher at my high school. A couple days I actually got to fill in for physical education teachers. The first day I did both elementary and high school phys. ed. I found that the elementary was my favorite part. Even though they are at times hard to keep focused they seemed the most willing to learn, and were the ones that actually wanted to participate which I found rare among the high school students, which needs to change. The next day I took over middle school, at times it was hard to keep them active because they are going though stages where they don't want to participate as much. Overall I thought it was a great experience and I will help me in the future.
            During break I helped out my high school varsity basketball team. I went to practice and did drills with them, and helped the coach when asked too. I went to games and kept states and found that you see a lot of things when your sitting on the bench that can help your athletes get better if you just tell them what they are doing wrong and how they can improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment